Team building when employees work as a team, they communicate. They talk to each other about the task at hand and the best way to achieve the desired result. They strategize, divide themselves into smaller groups, hold discussions and try to finish the task in the most efficient manner. Communication also allows employees to understand their roles and what their peers are doing. When employees know what their team members are doing, they can check up on the progress made and help each other out if someone cannot reach their goal.
As we listened to the journey of our institution as discussed by our CEO yesterday, we were made aware of the 9 Institutional Objectives from which we have anchored our respective department’s objectives. With the understanding of the institutional and departmental objectives that guides us towards the path that shall enable us achieve our mission and vision particularly on:
- Transformative education
- Internal linkages
- Quality management system (EOMS as well as PACUCOA)
The games we had yesterday made everyone enjoy and have fun. Through these games we played we were able to:
- Build ONE BIG TEAM
- We were able to see how OPEN COMMUNICATION allowed each team achieve its goals – the number of words uttered did not prevent the team from understanding the direction for the achievement of the same goal in mind.
- CREATIVITY – we all went out of the box, which shows we are innovative
- LEADERSHIP – one of the many members of the group stood out and called the shots, ideas poured in during the planning and upon reaching the agreement everyone worked together without hesitation, rejection, negativity but instead everyone followed and contributed to complete the task TOWARDS THE RIGHT DIRECTION
BEING A MEMBER OF THE DRIVEN FAMILY – IS BEING A PART OF A ONE BIG TEAM – MIDWAY TEAM.
AS A TEAM WE ARE ONE IN:
- Our commitment to deliver services beyond the needs of our stakeholders
- Being service oriented as we listen and attend to the needs of our stakeholders
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
THIS DAY’S SESSIONS GAVE US ENLIGHTENMENT ON:
- The importance of having a strong organizational culture –THE DRIVEN CULTURE.
- THE DIFFERENT Factors that shape THE INSTITUTION – through continuously instilling among us and our students the core values of midway – nationalism, divine providence, integrity, respect for elders and environment, volunteerism, excellence
- Considerations in creating and managing A DRIVEN COMMUNITY – go beyond salaries
- Ensure the continuity and success of MIDWAY – through each one of us – as contributors
AS A MEMBER OF THE DRIVEN FAMILY – we focus on professional area to establish relationships/connections. to make a good team we understand duties and responsibilities of each person.
AS A MEMBER OF THE DRIVEN FAMILY – be a mentee who never stops growing, be a mentee to a mentor who will help you grow, who help you put the mission, vision and goals of the institution into your actions, words and person.
ASKING HELP AND ASKING QUESTIONS ENSURES CLEAR UNDERSTANDING ON MATTERS. THIS WILL HELP US SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE – understanding the goals and objectives and the duties and responsibilities of each position.
VOLUNTERISM IS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO PROPEL THE ORGANIZATION
“With our mission, vision and core values be our COMPASS to move ahead as one big team – THE MIDWAY DRIVEN FAMILY.”
- We will discuss the rubrics in computing the students’ grades to promote transparency
- Influencing others towards unity
- We commit to check the emails regularly and answer on time to have regular meetings in the department to address the concerns of the stakeholders
- Overload units of teaching/teaching beyond the standard units of teaching
- Available for students’ concerns beyond working hours/replying and entertaining their concerns and problems
- We will conduct seminars and activities to promote gender equalities
- We will conduct monthly PFC meetings and student leaders’ meeting every first Friday of the month to bridge both ends of stakeholders and management
AND TO END OUR SYNTHESIS – LET US BE GUIDED BY ZIG ZIGLAR AS MENTIONED BY MS. ADEL:
“YOUR ATTITUDE NOT YOUR APTITUDE WILL DETERMINE YOUR ALTITUDE”