The Midway College, Inc. is an institution which places high premium on the best interest of its stakeholders. Thus, it respects your right to privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
- The type of information collected and the reason for the said collection;
- users of your personal information and the manner in which they are used;
- the people whom your information is shared with;
- retention period of information;
- steps to be undertaken in handling data breaches; and
- your rights with respect to your personal information.
Type of Information collected and reason for the collection
We gather, acquire or generate your personal data in various forms, including but not limited to written records, photographic and video images, digital material or biometric records. Such personal data may include information that you provide us during but not limited to admission, enrollment or availing of services, processing of employment, benefits, and transaction, if any.
We collect information on your personal information such as – but not limited to – name, your email address, telephone number and other contact details, family history, educational background, academic performance, disciplinary record, medical record, employment history, government issued ID or account details.
We collect information on academic programs or curricular undertakings, class schedule, academic performance, attendance record, medical results, etc. In cases there are extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, we will also collect certain information including but not limited to the preceding paragraph. Should a disciplinary incident arises, we will also collect information in connection with any disciplinary action, in order to properly determine the corresponding sanction may be faced with. There will be various occasions when we will acquire other forms of data (e.g., pictures or videos of activities participated in, recordings from closed-circuit television cameras installed in the premises of the campus installed for security purposes, etc.) or generate statistical information (e.g., institutional ranking; performance, aptitude tests, etc.).
There may be instances when personal information is sent to or received by us even we have not received such request. When such occasion happens, we shall identify its legitimate use with careful discretion before, or as soon as reasonably practicable, after collection. If the information is deemed to serve your best interest and/or the legitimate functions of the institution, such information shall be kept; otherwise, it shall be disposed of by the institution.
Users of your personal information
Only authorized personnel of the institution shall access and use your personal information in accordance with the institutional policy and this data privacy and finally, in fulfillment of their duties and responsibilities.
Utilization of your personal information for educational purposes
This policy warrants that your personal information will be used in accordance with the pertinent provisions permitted or required by law to advance our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including a variety of academic, administrative, historical and statistical purposes. This policy also warrants that only personal data and information that are necessary to advance our legitimate interests as an educational institution shall be collected and processed.
As with any other educational institution, some examples of situations when we may use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests include the following but not limited to:
- evaluating applications for admission and/or employment to the institution;
- processing confirmation and verification of identity;
- recording, generating and maintaining records of academic, employment, co-curricular and extracurricular progress;
- recording, storing and evaluating performance academic work;
- recording, generating and maintaining records, whether manually, electronically, through Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) or other means, of attendance and participation in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- establishing and maintaining information systems;
- sharing of evaluation and performance between and among members of institution, and others with legitimate official need, for deliberations;
- processing scholarship applications, grants and other forms of assistance;
- investigating incidents that relate to conduct, behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
- maintaining directories and alumni records;
- compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes;
- providing services such as health, counseling, information technology, library, sports/recreation, transportation, parking, campus mobility, safety and security;
- managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment;
- communicating official school announcements;
- sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding school-related functions, events, projects and activities;
- soliciting your participation in research and non-commercial surveys;
- processing of salaries and benefits for employees;
- sharing your personal information with persons or institutions as provided below.
If we intend to use your personal information for purposes other than our legitimate interests as an academic institution, we will obtain your written consent for that specific purpose prior to, or as soon as reasonably practicable, after collection of the information, unless you yourself request us to use, process and share your information for such purpose; or processing without your consent is allowed under the Act or other relevant privacy laws.
Who we share your personal information with
This policy warrants that your personal information will be used in accordance with the pertinent provisions permitted or required by law to advance our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including a variety of academic, administrative, historical and statistical purposes and accordingly may be shared with and through the following:
- posting of class lists and class schedules, work load in school bulletin boards or other places within the campus;
- sharing of information to persons, including parents, guardians or next of kin, as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by the school to your best interests, or protect your health, safety and security, or that of others;
- complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
- responding to inquiries verifying that you are a bona fide student, graduate, or employee of the school;
- conducts background investigations of its employees and/or prospective employees
- conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
- sharing your personal directory information to the schools’ alumni association, if applicable;
- publishing academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees in school bulletin boards, website, social media sites and publications;
- sharing your academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extracurricular achievements with schools your are graduated from or was previously enrolled in, upon their request;
- marketing or advertising to promote the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures, website posting, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
- live-streaming of institution or school activities;
- providing academic institutions, companies, government agencies, private or public corporations, shipping companies, manning agencies or the like, upon their request, with scholastic ranking information or certification of good moral character for purposes of admission
- sharing information to potential donors, funders or benefactors for purposes of scholarship, grants and other forms of assistance;
- distributing the list of graduates and awardees during commencement exercises;
- reporting and/or disclosing information to the NPC and other government bodies or agencies (e.g., Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, or TESDA) as required by law; and
- publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in the institution publications and social media sites.
Retention period for your personal information
Consistent with the retention policy of pertinent documents per the quality manual of the institution and the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and upon implementation of appropriate security measures, your personal personal information may be retained for a period of time as indicated in respected quality manual of each department but only for historical and statistical purposes. Where a retention period is provided, all records after such period will be securely disposed of in a manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or to the public, or prejudice to your interests.
Handling of data breaches
Any data security incident or breach that is brought to the attention of the institution will be recorded and reported as required by law. The institution will take all necessary and appropriate steps to address such incident or breach and mitigate any negative effect of such incident or breach. If there is strong suspicion that an incident affects your personal information, the institution will notify you of such incident in a manner that is in accordance with the Data Privacy Act, its Implementing Rules, and pertinent NPC Circulars.
Rights with respect to your personal information
As provided by the Act, you have the right to withdraw your consent, object to the processing of your personal data, request to access your personal information, and/or have it rectified, corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. The institution will consider the request and reserves the right to deal with the matter in accordance with the law.
Please specify your request and explain the reason for your request by writing to:
NAME : MR. EDMAR R. DIZON
DESIGNATION: Data Protection Officer
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL ADDRESS: Midway Colleges, Inc., Maharlika Highway, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
The institution, in line with its quality policy of continuous improvement, reserves the right, acting reasonably, to modify this Policy and Terms of Agreement at any time in its sole discretion, and will publish notice of any such modification on our website and/or official communication. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting. In this light, you are hereby encouraged to check our website on a regular basis.