DRIVEN Got Talent: TikTok Midway Edition
Midway Colleges celebrated its 32nd Founding Anniversary on September 24, 2020 with this year’s theme “Midway Strong 2020: Pushing Forward”. Despite the restrictions in gathering caused by the pandemic, Midway continued to rise above the challenges.
The institution plotted activities for the students and employees which aim to further engage the Midway community despite the distance. One of the activities includes “DRIVEN Got Talent: TikTok Midway Edition” where the participants used TikTok, a video-sharing social networking application.
Entries of the participants were uploaded on the official Facebook page of Midway Colleges. The following criteria were followed:
The winner of the contest were determined based on the following criteria:
- Midway Community Votes (40%)
- Public Viewer Likes/Reacts (30%)
- Public Views (30%)
The winners were announced on October 12, 2020 and were awarded cash prizes accordingly.
- 2nd runner up – Wreindell Camero, MNTM-SA2 – 1,000 PHP
- 1st runner up – Joel Liwag, BSMT-NM5A2 – 2,000PHP
- Champion – Maritoni Gregorio, BSCA-51 – 3,000PHP
- 2nd runner up – Office of the Student Affairs – 1,000PHP
- 1st runner up – Marine Transportation Department – 2,000PHP
- Champion – Registrar/Accounting – 3,000PHP
The institution vouched to further implement activities that will promote growth and learning.
Amidst the battle against the pandemic, Midway Colleges has remained true to its commitment in providing transformative education to its students and continuous engagement with its stakeholders. This is a true remark of a DRIVEN community.