The Midway Colleges’ Organizational Development Conference, held from August 30 to September 1, 2023, in Santiago, Sta. Ana, Pampanga, was a resounding success. The event was filled with engaging activities and insightful programs aimed at fostering unity and promoting institutional development.
Day One: Building Bonds and Launching Objectives
The conference kicked off with a series of fun activities designed to strengthen the bond among all employees. This was followed by the launch of the Institutional Objectives, anchored with the institutional Goal “ANGAT”.
A highlight of the day was the “PUSH THE BUTTON” activity, which symbolized each employee’s participation in the various programs. The following programs were introduced:
- ENHANCE (Enhancing a Holistic, Adaptive, and Nurturing Curriculum Experience) – This program aims to improve the curriculum by making it more comprehensive, adaptable, and nurturing for students. It focuses on holistic development, ensuring that all aspects of learning are covered.
- PULSO (Performance Upgrade Look-Out Systematization of Offices) – PULSO is designed to enhance the performance of various offices within the institution. It involves systematic monitoring and upgrading of office operations to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- CICAP (Comprehensive Internalization, Certification, and Accreditation Program) – CICAP is a program that focuses on the internalization, certification, and accreditation of the institution. It ensures that the institution meets the required standards and is recognized for its quality education.
- DRiVEN Tayo – This program is centered around collective achievement of our institutional goals. Guided by our core values, it cultivates a culture of collaboration and shared responsibility, enabling everyone to contribute effectively towards our vision.
- Competency Framework – This is a structure that sets out and defines each individual competency (such as skills, knowledge, abilities) required by employees within the institution.
- BAHAY (Building Advancement of Holistic Facility that support Academic Yielding Conducive Learning Environment) Campus Development Portfolio 2028 – BAHAY is a program aimed at developing the campus facilities to support a conducive learning environment. It focuses on holistic facility advancement that yields academic success.
- Digitalization, Automation, Computerization Program – This program is about integrating digital technology into all areas of the institution, fundamentally changing how the institution operates and delivers value to its stakeholders.
- Program STELA (Student-employee Extension and Learning Application) – STELA is a program that extends learning opportunities to both students and employees. It provides a platform for continuous learning and development.
- RACE (Research And Community Extensions) – RACE is a program that promotes research and community extension activities. It encourages employees and students to engage in research and contribute to the community.
- MIDWAY DAPAT – This program reflects our commitment to our mission and vision. It reminds us of our aspirations and standards. Our brand statement, “Be DRIVEN. Be Transformed,” encapsulates this commitment.
Day Two: Team Building
The second day of the conference was indeed a day dedicated to team building. The activities were meticulously planned and executed, focusing on fostering collaboration and enhancing teamwork among employees. These activities not only enhanced the team’s collaboration skills but also created a stronger bond among the employees, setting the stage for a more harmonious and productive work environment.
The team-building activities were divided into three parts:
- Self-discovery and Understanding Others: The first part of the team-building exercise was about self-discovery and understanding others. This activity was designed to help employees understand their own strengths and weaknesses, as well as those of their colleagues. It was an opportunity for everyone to learn more about themselves and the people they work with.
- Identifying Team Strengths and Weaknesses: The second part of the team-building exercise focused on identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole. This activity was crucial in helping the team understand where they excel and where they need to improve.
- Working Through Difficulties with Enjoyment: The third part of the team-building exercise was about working through difficulties with enjoyment. This activity was designed to teach employees how to handle challenges in a positive and enjoyable manner. It emphasized the importance of maintaining a positive attitude even in the face of difficulties.
Day Three: Rekindling Commitment
The final day of the conference focused on rekindling commitment and reigniting passion among the employees. This included the reading of the CREDO Statement and the Signing of the Commitment Board, symbolizing each employee’s dedication to the institution and its objectives.
The Midway Colleges’ Organizational Development Conference 2023 was more than just an event; it was a testament to the institution’s commitment to continuous growth and development. It served as a platform for employees to connect, learn, and contribute towards the realization of the institutional goal “ANGAT”.