The Academic Department of Midway Colleges spearheaded by Richard L. Oandasan, PhD headed the “Faculty Training on Learning Continuity” on August 10, 2020 at the Academic Building.
The training was designed to capacitate the participants for effective and efficient implementation of the remote learning for school year 2020-2021.
The participants consisted of teachers and program heads from the departments of Marine Engineering, Marine Transportation, College of Business, Senior High School, and Institute of Training Skills and Development.
The CEO of Midway Colleges, Mr. Sabino Czar Cloma Manglicmot II, graced the opening program of the training. He welcomed the teachers and discussed the vision and mission of the school.
He gave highlights on the following:
· Driven community starts with being personally driven
· Importance of Midway core values
· Navigating the next normal for the opening of school year
· Learning new ways and unlearning old ways to adapt changes
· Operational viability
He said “While other higher education institutions promise quality education, Midway Colleges provide transformative education. We help transform the lives of Filipino youth. We cater to low income families especially the children of farmers to help them reach their dreams.”
The following are the training aims:
· Orient the faculty on Midway LCP
· Re-design the syllabi into learning packs
· Familiarize the faculty with the Midway’s official Learning Management System
Workshop on re-calibration of syllabi were done as part of the main activities in preparation for remote learning of the students.
Thorough training on Microsoft Office applications via Microsoft 365 were also facilitated by Audentes Technologies to cater the needs of the teachers as they prepare for the opening of classes.